I had absolutely NO PLANS after church today so I came home, had lunch, and am currently watching "17 Again" on TV while I type this. (Just for the record, I LOVE this movie.) It's super overcast today, snowing a little here and there, and is the perfect sort of day to be relaxing at home, especially after such a busy few days! I'm still going to do my best to blog, if not EVERY day, at least as many days as possible this month. Today, since I'm late once again (though not as late as last week!), my post is devoted to my weekly list of thankfulness!
Today I am thankful...
111. That I could spend last Sunday afternoon/evening helping my friend Judy make some game boards for her students. It helped her out and kept my overactive mind occupied!
|me and Judy at fireworks on July 4th|
112. For godly, biblical wisdom and encouragement from my friend Dana earlier this week when I was struggling to let go of past mistakes.
113. That I've made a little bit of progress in catching up on my Perspectives homework.
114. For great conversations with and encouragement from friends this week ~ Kelly at our coffee date Wednesday morning; Rebecca after choir on Wednesday night; Jane at work all week; and Jessie at our weekly Thursday evening coffee date.
|Jessie and me after this week's coffee date|
115. That God has blessed me so greatly with friends who continually offer me a listening ear, sympathy, compassion, and encouragement; who don't give up on me, grow frustrated with me, or write me off even if I've bent their ears about the same thing a bazillion times; and who dare to pray and hope, with and for, me as I wait to see where God will lead in the days ahead.
116. For great music - specifically, David Crowder* Band's new single "Let Me Feel You Shine;" new tunes by Coldplay, Sleeping At Last, Mat Kearney, and more from Jessie; and an old album, "Silversmith," by Dane and Taylor, former college classmates of my brother.
117. For signs of HOPE and answered prayer.
118. For good times with my family ~ that my brother and sister-in-law had a great baby shower yesterday; that Erin finally let my nephew's name slip (which is exciting for us AND relieving for her and Cassidy... Kudos to them both for keeping it quiet for three whole months!); and that my family (and Jessie and Mickayla) got to hang out at Cassidy and Erin's for a while after the shower, enjoying pizza and laughing at youtube videos. (Good news! Episode 4 of Guy on a Buffalo is now available!! YES!)
|Erin, Baby, Cassidy, and Ben |
in San Francisco last month
119. That I won a fun drawing on my friend Carrie's blog this week!
120. For this piece of wisdom that someone wrote on an advice card at the baby shower yesterday:
"Consider, in a hundred years, is this moment going to matter?"
I'm aiming to take this advice to heart myself in hopes of diminishing my tendency to overreact.
I feel like my coffee dates with various friends get mentioned in this list almost weekly... What can I say? I love good conversation with my friends, and there's really no place for it like a coffee shop! This past week started off super rough but things have been improving ever since. I am most thankful for that! And I am most thankful that the Lord continues to work in my heart on the good days AND the bad ones. I'm thankful He is faithful. Hope the week ahead is a good one for each of you!