My Blog List

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Patience

On my church e-mail address I regularly receive a "prayer prompts" e-mail that I am somehow automatically subscribed to. Since it's not something I subscribed to myself, I rarely ever open the e-mails. But yesterday I noticed the word "patience" in the subject line, so I decided to check it out since I am currently in a season of "waiting on the Lord." I liked that these prompts blend being content where we are, seeing that God has something for us to do while "waiting," not giving up hope that there is change ahead, and trusting His timing for that change. I pray these prayer prompts might be an encouragement to someone else who may be in a similar season of "waiting on the Lord!"

·   Ask God to show you the size and fullness of the box that He has you in.
·   Ask God to make you understand that He wants you to stay in His box without cheating your way out.
·   Ask God to keep you from becoming despondent or depressed when the box doesn't open or expand.
·   Ask God to keep you energized with the tasks you are to complete in the box.
·   Ask God to remind you to allow God the time He wants or needs to open or expand the box.
·   Ask God to show you all the adjustments to the box you can make.
·   Ask God to show you clearly why the box is the size it is and how to endure its size.
·   Ask God to cause you to keep pushing forward and seeing if the box will expand or open... not give up.
·   Ask God to deflect and strengthen you to resist temptation in the midst of the sameness.

I will leave you with one of my favorite Scriptures:
I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord
In the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
Be strong and let your heart take courage;
Yes, wait for the Lord.
Psalm 27:13-14

2 comments:

Ashleigh said...

Love this!! It's a great supplement to a Life Plan I'm working on, if you haven't checked out Michael Hyatt I highly recommend it!

Kaysi said...

Glad this was helpful!! =) Thanks for the recommendation!