So now, in making up two week's worth of thanks-giving, today I am thankful...
261. For seeing God answering specific prayers I have been praying over the past couple months.
262. For relaxing movie nights at Judy's.
263. For my recent rediscovery of Genghis Grill. Veggies galore! YUM!
264. That God is sovereign, that my failures won't thwart His plan, that He IS in fact transforming my mind despite my mistakes, and that every mistake I make has the potential of preventing me from making a worse one in the future!
265. For an AWESOME time seeing Mat Kearney in concert last week with Jessie! For some reason I had relatively low expectations but he FAR exceeded them all!! I loved how much energy he and his band had as well as how much he interacted with the crowd! It was a great time!
266. That our young adults fellowship group is seeing momentum through faithful attendance, thought-provoking group discussions about how to Biblically BE the Body of Christ, and time to just enjoy each other.
267. That almost all of my favorites made it into the Top 24 on American Idol and that so many of this year's contestants are believers!!! It's shaping up to be an exciting season!
268. For more humorous (and humble) moments from my favorite, Hee Jun Han.
269. For days when I can go straight home from work.
270. That most of the days I DON'T go straight home from work, I'm going somewhere I WANT to be!
271. For our new printer at work which is SO MUCH faster, higher quality, and more user-friendly than our previous one!
272. For a fun Friday afternoon/evening with Ashley ~ walking the marina, having dinner at In-N-Out, watching Olan Rogers videos while enjoying some ice cream from Baskin Robbins, and seeing a movie for the price of $4 each (when it normally would have cost $11 each)! It's been a while since we had a whole night of fun like that!
273. For Olan Rogers... His humor is a little off-the-wall, but I think he's hilarious, and he's also a believer! Win-win!
274. That after God put Exodus 14:14 on my heart during my time with Him one morning last week, I came across this image on Facebook Saturday... I love when He confirms what He's been speaking to me!
275. For ample time with Erin and Caleb on Saturday!
276. For great encouragement through a discussion about Paul and Barnabas in our young adults group on Sunday morning.
277. For my Sunday night Bible study with Teri, Cass, and Rachel.
278. For Arrested Development. This show is completely absurd. It has its crass moments but the use of wordplay is brilliant! Makes me laugh out loud. I bought season three on sale a few years ago without ever having seen an episode, but after watching it again recently I finally decided to complete the series by ordering seasons one and two from Amazon last week. Yay!
279. For increasing PEACE as I'm learning to take God at His Word and trust Him, whether I can see evidence of His work in my current circumstances or not!
280. For an AMAZINGLY productive Monday. Even after sleeping in for a bit and spending time with God, I managed to do 30 minutes of pilates, do a home hair treatment, clean my bathroom, trim my nails, shower, dry and straighten my hair, trim my hair, empty the dishwasher, watch this week's Amazing Race with my mom while we ate lunch, make homemade soup and energy balls for my lunches this week, bake homemade cookies for our fellowship group, wash my sheets and towels, remake my bed, and wash my shower curtain. WHEW! I was exhausted by the end of the day, but in a really good way!
It has REALLY been a good couple of weeks. That's not to say I haven't had some low moments, because trust me, I have. But GOD IS GOOD, and He is not only sustaining me but also BLESSING me with peace and joy as I learn to trust Him more!! Really, there is no better place to be! I pray you're finding peace and joy as you trust Him, too!