My Blog List

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Cheer Up, Ye Saints of God

Apparently there is an old hymn that goes like this...
Cheer up, ye saints of God.
There's nothing to worry about.
Nothing to make you feel afraid,
Nothing to make you doubt.
Remember, Jesus never fails,
So why not trust Him and shout,
You'll be sorry you worried at all tomorrow morning!
Did anyone else need to read this today? I did. That last line especially hits me... How often has THAT sentiment been true in my life??

For some reason this also called to mind a quote from C.S. Lewis' book The Horse and His Boy that has long been dear to me...
I am telling you your story, not hers. I tell no one any story but his own.
I hope these two bits of encouragement are good reminders for you today, as they were for me.

No comments: