Without further adieu, today I am thankful...
211. For the opportunity to take my first trip to Disneyland with four super awesome friends.
212. For Chick-fil-A employees who make us laugh by photobombing pictures.
213. For detours that don't serve their purpose but add to the memories of a road trip anyway.
|We stopped at a See's Candy in downtown Sacramento |
only to find out they had closed 20 minutes earlier...
But we got to see the Capitol Building haha!
214. For beautiful sunsets.
215. For a town called Buttonwillow, simply because I think that name is hilarious and adorable.
216. That Jess's grandparents graciously opened their home to us for lodging during our trip.
217. For friends who CRACK ME UP and make time spent waiting in long lines pass quickly.
|Ben was demonstrating how he could |
"dance" his way to the front of the line...
He and TJ both kept us entertained!
218. For beautiful flowers.
219. For Jess, her friendship, and how God has been using her to help me loosen up and live in the moment.
220. For chili in a sourdough bread bowl, eaten while watching an entertaining dinner show.
|We had been on our feet for about nine hours |
at this point and it was cold and rainy outside...
It was GREAT to warm up and give our feet a rest!
221. For a good night's sleep and a yummy breakfast before our second day at Disneyland.
222. For mustering up the courage to ride ANY and EVERY ride, even the ones that scared me.
|Tower of Terror... Can you spot my hand GRIPPING the seat?!|
223. That by our third time on California Screamin' I was even able to keep my eyes open the entire time!
224. For random strangers who offered to take pictures for us throughout the trip.
225. For the amazing "World of Color" water and light show that served as a grand finale for our time at Disneyland.
226. For two hours of laughter sitting around the kitchen table on the last night of our trip.
227. For spontaneous photo shoots with joshua trees in the desert.
228. For Erick Schat's Bakkery in Bishop, California.
229. For safety on the roads, all the way to LA and back.
230. That God faithfully continues His refining work in me, pointing out areas where I have not submitted to Him in the past, showing me a better way, and causing my love for Him to increase as He brings growth to my life.
I was seriously SO BLESSED by this trip, which we didn't even start planning until just over two weeks before we left!! It was such a fun time and such an unexpected treat. What a great way to kick off 2012! I hope perhaps your year has already seen some unexpected blessings as well!