Today I am thankful...
21. For friends who help me to process my thoughts simply by allowing me to share them. A trusted friend's willingness to simply LISTEN (or read, for those of you who don't live in Reno) greatly relieves the mental burden of being an analytical melancholy.
22. That I was able to get caught up on a TON of stuff at home this week.
23. For new music on my ipod ~ Shawn McDonald, Mat Kearney, Jason Gray, Brandon Heath, Josh Wilson, Abandon, MIKESCHAIR.
24. For old music on my ipod ~ Mumford and Sons, Phil Wickham, Kristopher Stipech, Bebo Norman.
25. For a beautiful, fall-ish, afternoon drive in the lovely town of Truckee accompanied by a recent playlist on my ipod (see #s 23 and 24). I love driving, I love music, and I love fall, and I REALLY love them when combined!
26. For that moment in "Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King" where Sam and Frodo come across the beheaded statue of a king and, as a ray of light shines through the clouds, notice that a wreath of flowers has grown around the detached head, giving them a brief glimpse of promise that "the crown-less again shall be king," which encourages them in their journey before the sun disappears again.
|"The king has got a crown again."|
28. For sandwiches involving avocado and bacon.
29. For finding Hello Panda at an Asian market in Reno and for fun memories of visiting Chinatown in San Francisco last summer.
|I tried to resist but Jake and Ashley made me do it!|
30. That God wants what is best, not just FOR me but FROM me, which means He is constantly working on my heart so that I can be more of what He wants me to be for others.
Have a great week -- and Happy September!