My Blog List

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Good Ole Rocky Top

I have never, ever followed football faithfully (with the exception of my high school team when I was a student), but I have ALWAYS loved the feel of it. It's one sport I actually understand fairly well. I LOVE how the feeling of fall is just wrapped up in the whole setting. Crisp, clear, cool air. The buzz of excitement in the crowd. Hoodies and blankets. The rhythm of snare drums being played by the marching band. (I honestly don't know which I enjoy more -- the game or the band!) To me, it all screams, "FALL IS HERE!!!"

Even though I don't keep up with any teams, I think college ball is the most fun to watch. Seeing a bazillion posts about Game Day on Facebook this morning has made me miss living in Vol Country. In Tennessee you could tell it was fall when suddenly you could go ANYWHERE on any given Saturday and be bombarded with the sight of folks decked out in orange. (I very distinctly remember this from working at Chick-fil-A in the Johnson City Mall.) I have never been to a single game at Neyland Stadium and likely never will, but the sight of it makes me happy and makes me MISS spending falls in my old home state. I probably never will follow the game faithfully, but I will definitely join my friends back east today in saying GO BIG ORANGE!!!

Rocky Top, you'll always be home sweet home to me -- Good ole Rocky Top! Rocky Top Tennessee!

No comments: