My Blog List

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving All Year: 141-150

In honor of the namesake for my weekly lists of thankfulness, I'm posting my list a day early again this week. Our Thanksgiving Day has been very laid back. My parents and I slept in, took our time making dinner, ate, and are now watching the Macy's Parade which we recorded instead of watching live this morning. Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays and I hope you have enjoyed yours!

Today, I am thankful...

141. That the fire that was burning in Reno last weekend was contained after a couple of days and that only 32 homes were burned down... It could have been much worse.

142. For lots of time spent with my friend Jessie lately.

at the river with Jessie last week

143. For chai tea lattes, especially those of the pumpkin spice variety at Jolt-N-Java.

144. For the hilarious show New Girl starring Zooey Deschanel. (Be forewarned, it has its crude moments, but the humor is so stinkin' quirky I can't help but love it!)

145. For memories of spending Thanksgiving weekend last year in San Francisco with my parents.

my parents in front of the
Christmas tree at Pier 39 last year

146. For homemade cranberry sauce... Once I discovered a few years ago how ridiculously simple it is to make, I've taken on the responsibility of making it each year for Thanksgiving. (Unless we're off gallivanting in the Bay Area, of course.)

147. That tough things I've been through this year have not been wasted but have taught me valuable lessons that are beneficial both now and for the future.

148. That GOD'S love endures FOREVER.

149. For the reminder in my devotion last Saturday that God sometimes "shakes things up" to "clean house" and rid us of "dead branches" in our lives, such as anger or evil speech, for instance; but that, as was the case with Jonah, He may preserve us through the storm and give us a second chance to obey.

150. That God has given me a second chance for which I've been greatly longing for quite some time now. It may not look exactly like I hoped it would, but it is a second chance nonetheless and I do not take that for granted.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

No comments: