My Blog List

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day, Dad!

I realized a while back that I neglected to write a special blog post for my dad on his birthday -- which made me feel pretty terrible considering I'd even written a birthday post for Owen Wilson, of all people, haha -- so I decided I'd write a post for my dad on Father's Day instead! Well, I almost forgot to do this, too, but fortunately I remembered before it was too late!


I love my dad. For starters, he ALWAYS takes care of any issues I have with my car. I know practically nothing about cars, and he knows quite a bit, so I am so thankful he provides for me in this way! He is also the epitome of the camera-carrying dad, documenting E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G. If we've done it, there's a picture or a video to prove it. We give him a bad time about it, but I can't imagine him being any other way. It's who he is, and I can't help but love it!

For as long as I can remember, my dad has been probably my greatest supporter in whatever I do. If something brings me joy, then it brings him joy. This isn't true only for me, but for anyone in my family. My dad is a family man to the core. He would do ANYTHING for any person in our family, there is no doubt in my mind. I don't know that I've ever met anyone else so devoted to his family. When I think of unconditional love, I definitely think of him. I am SO thankful for this! He is truly a reflection of my heavenly Father in this way.

I couldn't imagine having anyone else as my dad. I have been truly blessed with both of the parents God gave me... I wouldn't trade either one of them for anything.


 I love you, Dad!!!

No comments: