Today I am thankful...
1. For my birthday celebration last Saturday at Lake Tahoe! (Its own post is in the works.)
2. For finding a note from Jessie on my car window this morning.
3. For rediscovering the fantastic song Farmer Hoggett sings while randomly watching the second half of "Babe" last night with Jessie, Ben, and TJ. (TOTALLY reminded me of Beth!)
If I had words to make a day for youI'd sing you a morning golden and trueI would make this day last for all timeGive you a night deep in moonshine
4. For Mimi's Cafe's Trio Appetizer: spinach artichoke dip, fried zucchini, and chicken tenders that are so good on their own I can't even bring myself to dip them in sauce. It's a running joke in my family that when I'm asked where we should eat, "Mimi's!" is going to be my answer. My parents took me for my birthday last night and we shared this appetizer. Oh. Yum.
5. For the 31 people in our church family who are each praying for 1-6 of the people on our youth group's Santa Cruz trip this weekend BY NAME. Every single youth and shepherd is being prayed for specifically by two people!
6. For Peet's Coffee's Chocolate & Caramel Swirl Blended Freddo. Tried it for the first time yesterday. Best coffee drink I've ever had.
7. For a video message from Krystal of her, Judy, Jake, Tristan, and Maddy rocking out to "Never Gonna Give You Up" and wishing me a Happy Birthday on their way to Santa Cruz yesterday.
8. For unexpected financial provision that will enable me to take the Perspectives class this fall.
9. That God knows what's going to happen and that He works ALL THINGS together for my good and His glory.
10. For being reminded of the blessings God has given me, especially through the people in my life, on a day when I'm feeling blah and discouraged. Lord, please constantly shift my focus back to You and Your goodness.