As I look back over this past week, I am thankful...
431. For a fun afternoon/evening with the girls at the lake.
432. For beautiful sunsets.
433. For Pastor Eric's leadership in our Sunday morning young adults group... Somehow the questions he asks as we read through Scripture help me to see past the preconceived notions I've developed growing up in the church (which may or may not accurately reflect Scripture) and shed some of the baggage that keeps me from understanding the Gospel more clearly.
434. For an amazing dad to celebrate on Father's Day.
435. For recognizing progress in my attitude about certain situations in my life.
436. For the beauty in getting a glimpse of how God has gifted different people in our fellowship group.
437. For the sound of wind chimes.
438. For God's grace in giving me specific encouragement -- from His Spirit, from friends, from one of the youth girls I shepherd (youth ministry is not just a one-way street!), and from time with my Thursday afternoon "Living the Gospel" discussion group that reminded me of the bigger picture of life and of God's limitless power and infinite love -- to help support my faith as I choose to stand firm in it, resisting doubt and discouragement.
439. For little Caleb.
440. For the faith that God will carry on to completion the good work He begins in His children, whether circumstances look favorable for that to happen or not.
I pray as your faith faces challenges you will choose to stand firm and trust God no matter what kind of waves may be crashing around you! He will see you through! Have a great weekend, friends.