My Blog List

Monday, July 2, 2012

Thanksgiving All Year: 441-450

I'm a few days late with this post because last week was incredibly busy! And chances are I won't post this week or next because my grandparents are coming into town today and they will be here until next Thursday, when we leave with the youth group for Santa Cruz... But we shall see!

This past week, I was thankful...

441. That "The Hunger Games" FINALLY came to our $3 theater and that Judy and I got to see it last Sunday! Let me tell you, it makes a WORLD of difference to see the movie AFTER having read the book... I know everyone usually says any book is better than its movie version, but the difference here is truly remarkable due to the story being told in first person in the book. After having experienced everything through Katniss' eyes in the book, I appreciated the movie infinitely more the second time around.

{photo source}

442. For the big, adorable smiles my nephew greeted me with when I got to Cassidy and Erin's Tuesday night for fellowship group.

I can't even express how much joy this little guy brings me.

443. For a great discussion with our fellowship group about what heaven will really be like (and the implications of that for our lives here and now).

444. For my first MLB experience, shared with a truly awesome group of people.

Giants vs. Dodgers at AT&T Park

445. For the city by the bay... I so love San Francisco.


446. For a bout of laughter that probably lasted over 45 minutes on our way home from the Giants game... I'm not exaggerating, and it wasn't just me, all eight of us were ROLLING!

447. For a good time with the youth group at the Aces game Thursday night.

hangin' with the girls
singing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" lol

448. That I got lots accomplished by the end of the work week in preparation for being off most of the next two weeks, and that I have fun reasons for taking time off (the aforementioned grandparents' visit and Santa Cruz trip).

with Nana and Gramps in San Francisco in 2007
the youth group in Santa Cruz in 2009
449. That I am learning, slowly but surely, how to exercise faith and right thinking, both of which lead to right behavior, in the midst of life's trials.

450. That God can do what no one else can.

Hope everyone has a great week, and I'll be back when I can!

No comments: