My Blog List

Friday, May 18, 2012

Thanksgiving All Year: 381-390

I put a lot of mental effort into the blog I posted yesterday, so I'll skip the intro and cut to the chase with my thanks-giving post for this week!

Today I am thankful...

381. For an amazing mom to celebrate on Mother's Day.


382. That my nephew has parents who know and  love the Lord and want him to grow up knowing and loving Him.

Baby Dedication at church

383. For Lake Tahoe, and for living in such close proximity to such a beautiful place.

Refreshment.
LOVED this!!

384. For clouds.


385. That I got to cook a meal for the Thompsons this week while Tara is recovering from knee surgery -- and that the surgery went well.

386. That our fellowship group was able to share with each other this past week some of what's been going on in our lives lately and then pray for each other.

387. For the Hunger Games series (I know, how trendy!) and for a very uneventful weekend in which I was able to read the bulk of the trilogy almost non-stop. I am quite certain I've never read so much in such a short time (over 750 pages in 48 hours). I was actually a little disappointed with the final book but the more I think about the story as a whole, the more I appreciate its characters and themes.

 "What I need is the dandelion
in the spring. The bright yellow
that means rebirth instead of
destruction. The promise that
life can go on, no matter
how bad our losses. That
it can be good again." 
-Katniss Everdeen
  
388. For Thursday coffee dates with Jessie.


389. That Phillip Phillips made it into the American Idol finale. Hooray! (Bummed about Joshua, though.) 

He has to be one of the most unassuming contestants they've
ever had on Idol ~ evidence provided in this photo, haha!


Have a great weekend, folks! Until next time...

No comments: