My Blog List

Friday, January 6, 2012

Auld Lang Syne

After seeing "New Year's Eve" last weekend, I bought the soundtrack on itunes, and I absolutely cannot get enough of this song. The first several times I listened to it I couldn't help but tear up. I love how it's arranged... Tugs at my heartstrings.


Odd as it seems, even to me, I think New Year's was my favorite holiday of 2011. I was just so glad to get to that fresh starting point, it meant more to me than usual this time around. So it was especially sweet having a movie about this holiday (one with a great soundtrack, no less, which can really make or break a movie for me) come out THIS year of all years. I was so grateful to end 2011 on a positive note, and I'm sure this song will always cause me to look back on that time -- and the past year, even with all its challenges -- with fond memories. 

We'll take a cup of kindness yet
For auld lang syne {For the sake of old times}
-Robert Burns

No comments: