My Blog List

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Thanksgiving All Year: 181-190

Forgive me for being a few days late with my list, but I'm sure you all understand with the festivities that inevitably come with Christmas weekend -- and on top of that, we've had a bit of excitement in the Hastings family over the past couple of days that has kept me from getting this entry posted until now!! If you haven't already heard why, read on to find out!

This week, I am thankful...

181. That the nasty cold I battled for over two weeks FINALLY seemed to subside last Thursday ~ PRAISE JESUS!!! I am still not 100%, but the difference is like night and day!

182. That I found a cheap, fairly hideous sweater at a thrift store to wear to my first ugly sweater party Friday night, and that we had a really fun time at the party!

awkward ugly sweater photo lol

our lovely hosts, Lydia and Mitch

183. That I have gradually lost about nine pounds since I started keeping track of my weight in the spring, simply by trying to develop healthier eating habits. (I've also worked out in spurts but my workouts have been much less consistent than my efforts to eat less and eat better.)

184. That as God has worked in my life over the past few months, He has removed the tension and awkwardness I'd previously felt in my relationships with several people.

185. That God delivered me from my own stupidity over the weekend when I started to panic about something and take things into my own hands. He used a friend's encouragement to get my eyes off the waves around me and back onto HIM, and thus spared me (and others) from having to deal with the ramifications of acting independently and neglecting to trust the Lord's plan and wait on His timing.

186. For the great encouragement, from my friend Anna, alluded to in the above item.

Anna and me last Christmas at Squaw Valley

 187. For our annual Christmas Eve tradition of going to our church's candlelight service then having Cassidy and Erin over for shepherd's pie (in honor of the shepherds in the Christmas story) and gift opening.

188. For the humor of receiving fun "movie night" themed gifts from my parents AND from Cassidy and Erin, when they hadn't consulted with each other at all! Apparently I have a bit of a reputation!

189. For our annual Christmas Day tradition of having breakfast casserole and opening stockings in the morning then going to a movie later in the day... This year we saw "We Bought a Zoo," and we LOVED it!

190. For my nephew's much-anticipated arrival Monday afternoon!!! Welcome to the world, Caleb Timothy! We are thrilled that you are here!!!

Caleb with his proud daddy in the nursery

Praising God for this precious addition to our family!! Merry Christmas, friends, and have a great week!

2 comments:

C.G. Koens said...

Lots to be thankful for! "Daddy" does indeed look proud! :-) Love that you got two movie night themed gifts - too funny! Happy New Year!

Beth Stone said...

Sounds like a good week! I guess movie night themed gifts were a popular idea this year - that's what I gave all of our extended families for Christmas too. :o) Congrats on the lost weight (Josh and I are about to start a diet - way too much junk this holiday season!), and even more congratulations to your whole family on the new addition... he's precious! :o) Love you all - I hope 2012 is a great year for you!