Musings of an idealist in pursuit of a better story...
My Blog List
Monday, October 17, 2011
Thanksgiving All Year: 81-90 - David Crowder Concert Trip Edition
Well I was beginning to wonder if I'd ever get items 81-90 posted... I missed getting it written on Friday, worked on it Saturday morning, somehow lost internet connection where I'm currently house sitting on Saturday afternoon, and just finally got a chance to work on it again this afternoon. And after battling once again with the formatting I have finally found the html code I needed to post photos side by side, so at long last here is my list of thankfulness for last week - David Crowder Concert Trip Edition!
This week I am thankful (or, rather, last week I was thankful)...
81. For time with my family and friends in beautiful San Francisco.
downtown next to the Powell Street cable car line
waiting to tour a naval ship during Fleet Week
82. That God orchestrated all our transportation after arriving in the Bay Area last Sunday:
- a free shuttle from our hotel to the Oakland Coliseum BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) station
on the free shuttle
at the BART station
- BART to get us into San Francisco
waiting for our train to arrive
Here she comes!
- a cable car to Fisherman's Wharf, where we met up with Cassidy and Erin who had arrived earlier in the day
dinner at Bubba Gump's
- a bus to ride to the concert
SO GLAD to be sitting down!
enjoying the ride
- Cassidy's Jeep to get us back to our hotel after the concert
Ashley and I got the special seats in the back...
83. For David Crowder* Band and the opportunity to worship with them in person one last time on their final tour.
Love these guys!
84. For the uber-talented band Gungor. I already knew of them but had no idea how incredibly talented they were till we saw them open for DCB. They sort of remind me of Nickel Creek and/or The Swell Season.
Ham, egg, and cheese or strawberries and chocolate?
86. For my brother and sister-in-law who remained in good spirits and helped us to have fun even while standing in line -- in the rain -- for a really long time while waiting to tour a naval ship.
playing Ashley's finger game that blows my mind every time
totally reminds me of a Cassidy and Jon picture
87. For Boudin's sourdough bread.
88. For routine stops at Chick-fil-A when traveling to/from California.
last stop before Reno
89. For fun new memories with my mom, my dad, Cassidy, Erin, Ben, and Ashley.
I love them all so much!
90. For my brand new windshield... It's been over three years since I had one free of cracks!
Yes, my last item is unrelated to the rest of this week's list, but it was pretty significant so I had to include it. It is wonderful having a CLEAR view while I am driving now!! Hope you all are having a splendid week!!