My Blog List

Saturday, August 20, 2011

A Celebration of 30 Years - A Photo Blog

A week ago today I celebrated my 30th birthday with some of my dearest friends & family up at Lake Tahoe.

North Tahoe Beach - photo courtesy Cassidy
Jake, Ashley, Erin, Jessie, & me - photo courtesy Cassidy

I tried to incorporate a lot of bright colors into our menu to go along with the whole kaleidoscope theme that's been on my mind lately. (I even gave out small kaleidoscope keychains as favors!) We had chicken tenders from WalMart and grilled hot dogs (not so heavy on the color in those two items), a rainbow fruit tray (inspired by a pin I saw on Pinterest), Mexican dip (in a dish I bought IN Mexico), homemade brownies (lacking color there, too), and a giant homemade chocolate chip/M&M cookie! My dessert plates and Sesame Street napkins (perfect for a 30th birthday, right?!) were colorful, too!
photo courtesy Cassidy
photo courtesy Cassidy

Chow Time!
photo courtesy Cassidy
photo courtesy Cassidy


We weren't going to bother with candles since we didn't have a cake, but Erin brought some --
not having any idea about my many-colored theme -- that were PERFECT!!
Cookie Monster looks pretty stoked about that giant cookie!!

 After eating we played a lot of volleyball -- which prompted a lot of laughter.
Good form for a pregnant girl!!
my team's poses - photo courtesy Cassidy


After it got dark we gathered together and spent some time in worship! When I was considering what I wanted to do for my birthday this year, I thought about how one of my favorite things in the world is sitting on the beach in Santa Cruz with our youth group singing praise songs to God. There is nothing like being in the midst of His glorious creation with my brothers & sisters in Christ singing along to "How Great Is Our God" or "Captivated." I decided there was no way I'd rather spend my 30th birthday celebration.
"Sing to the LORD with grateful praise; make music to our God..." Psalm 147:7

Before everyone left, I naturally requested that Cassidy get one of our traditional self-portrait group shots.
It usually take a few tries but he's really gotten pretty great at it!
I have no idea what Jake is doing...

Along with the kaleidoscope key chains I also gave everyone a photo collage in a magnetic frame as a favor.
They're all a little bit of me...

We took a couple of final pictures before heading home.
my wonderful family
Jessie, Alex, me, Ben, & Jake - photo courtesy Cassidy

It was such a great evening. I am so thankful for these people God has put in my life. They've been there for me through so many ups and downs and we've shared so, so many great memories over the past couple years. I am so blessed and I am so thankful.
Thanks to everyone who came and shared in my celebration. I love you all!
L to R: Mom, Dad, Krystal, Mike, Jessie, Rebecca, Erin, Judy, me, Jon, Dana, Ashley, Ben, Alex, Cassidy, & Jake in front

2 comments:

Beth Stone said...

Looks like it was a fun party! I love the juxtaposition of your sweatshirt and the giant cookie - looks like he's eating it! :o) Hope you had a wonderful birthday and that this is a special year for you.... tell your family hi! Love ya...

Kaysi said...

Thanks Beth, I really enjoyed it!! And the Cookie Monster photo was totally unplanned, haha! Love ya back! =)